Ripe Tomato Bread Salad
Love this seasonal treat! When Tomato season is in full swing, or with end-of-season Harvest, often you find tomatoes that are overripe. It is also very easy to have some stale bread in the house. There seems to always be left-over French Bread that dries out. Combine these two and the sweetest, juiciest salad is born.
- You will need three or four vine ripened tomatoes
- cubed stale bread
- three ribs of celery, diced
- diced red onion
- cubed cucumber
- sliced green olives
- shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Italian Parsley
- Combine three or four over-ripe tomatoes, the really juicy ones, with cubed stale bread (French or Sourdough).
- Allow the ripe Tomatoes to drain their juices over the bread. Mash together to moisten the bread.
- Add the celery, cucumber, olives, and red onion.
- Drizzle with EVOO. Stir together.
- Allow to sit in Fridge for about an hour in order for the juices of the tomatoes to meld with the bread.
- Serve with a garnish of Italian Parsley and shredded Parmesan Cheese. Enjoy!