- 3 yellow squash, sliced
- 1 serrano, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Squash Blossoms, 8, male
- Fresh Thyme
- Fresh Chives
- 3 cups chicken stock
- leftover chicken, squash, tomatillo, chopped
- Saute Squash, Onion, Pepper, and Garlic in EVOO until squash wilted and onion is translucent in Soup Pan.
- Add chopped leftovers and chicken stock and simmer, reducing the liquid by one-third.
- Add fresh Thyme and Chives, Salt, White Pepper, and Butter.
- As the soup simmers, tear male Squash Blossoms and add to the top of the soup until they melt.
- Serve with Rustic Bread and a Salad. Cheese can be melted into the soup as a variation. Enjoy.