Arugula, Butternut, Pear and Sprout Salad
This salad combines the best flavors of the garden. With Arugula back in season. the last of the Tomatoes and Butternut Squash in abundance, this makes a great Farmers Market Salad. Very fresh in flavor and readily available in the fall. You will need only a few things, most available at your local Farmers Market or your own Vegetable and Herb Garden.
- You will need:
- Butternut Squash
- Italian Parsley
- Roast the Butternut Squash, medium, at 450 degrees for 50 minutes.
- Peel, cool and cube; one pear and one shallot, thinly sliced; two ribs of celery, strings removed, and thinly sliced.
- Avocado and Tomatoes cut into chunks
- Chop Italian Parsley and Chives and rinse your choice of sprouts.
- Combine all ingredients in a Salad Bowl and toss. Top with the Sprouts.
- Dress with Balsamic Vinaigrette or your choice of Salad dressing. Enjoy!