Roasted Tomato and Artichoke Soup
Easy to make and Delicious recipe.
- Fill a roasting pan with medium size, vine-ripened tomatoes (we used a dozen Porters).
- Add one onion chopped in chunks and peeled cloves of garlic to taste (we used six)
- drizzle a fair amount of extra virgin Olive oil on top.
- Roast in oven until lightly charred on top.
- Add everything into your soup pot and add vegetable stock by a third.
- Add frozen Artichoke hearts, Oregano, Chives and Italian Parsley and simmer.
- Adding a rind of parmesan cheese to the soup adds a great depth of flavor if you have it.
- Simmer on low until liquid is reduced by one-third.
- Serve in your favorite soup bowl, sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese and with a piece of warm hard crusted bread, you have a delicious meal fresh from the garden.
- A delicious option in serving is to add a toasted piece of French bread with your favorite pesto to the center of your soup bowl on top of the Roasted Tomato Soup with Artichokes. Enjoy!