Tomatillo Salsa or Salsa Verde and Green Enchilada Sauce
One of the best, and most intimidating, salsas has been the Tomatillo Salsa or Salsa Verde. After watching enough cooking shows, I have created a very good and easy salsa recipe. With a few more steps, it quickly becomes an enchilada sauce. We begin with the ingredients. There are very few.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- (also stock if making enchilada sauce)
- Begin by roasting a dozen tomatillos with 5 garlic, an onion and one or two serranoes in the oven at 450 degrees until charred. Allow to cool
- Place them in your food processor and pulse
- Add a palm full of Comino, Cilantro, crushed Coriander, the zest and juice of one lime and a couple of turns of EVOO.
- There you have it! The Best, and quickest Salsa Verde! Now, to turn it into Enchilada Sauce
- In a heated saucepan, add enough Olive Oil to coat the bottom and pour in the amount of Salsa you wish to make into enchilada sauce
- Add two cups of stock, chicken or vegetable, add more Comino, and crushed Coriander and a pinch of salt
- Simmer until reduced by one-third.
- This delicious sauce goes great on enchiladas or stands alone on vegetables and eggs. Enjoy!