- In a large saucepan, with small a amount of oil, add twelve tomatoes, four cloves of garlic and one chopped sweet onion, two bay leaves, and a palm full of Mexican Oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and cook till tomato skins are loose and onion is translucent.
- Add two cups of liquid, water, or chicken stock, of choice. Deseed five dried Pasilla chilis, cut into ribbons, and add to liquid. Cover and simmer for twenty minutes.
- Add two tablespoons butter and a palmful of Comino. Simmer 10 minutes more. Remove tomatoes skins and allow liquid to cool.
- Once the liquid is cool, use a submersion blender to blend the sauce until smooth.
- At this point, add a dusting of Smoked Paprika and Comino and a dash of salt to taste. Place back on the heat and reduce the sauce by one-third.
- Allow sauce to cool and freeze for use in the next three months.